Modo-Me, The Modo action centers and (more) and your Modo to Blender companion
Modo-Me add-on tries to mimic some of the interface elements and functionalities from Modo in Blender.
At the moment the main goal is to get the Modo action centers to be represented reasonably in Blender 2.79 (soon 2.8) via an accessible menu.
Since these two applications work with different concepts in many levels, it is not fully possible to match all such functionalities one to one, however, it is possible to replicate some of the Modo's loved usability ideas to Blender.
This is the initial release, and more features will be added later if the add-on gets some traction and some user interaction. However please do not expect all of your Modo stuff to be implemented faithfully with this add-on.
I will probably end up rethinking most of this add-on for 2.8, because the cursor also has rotation in 2.8 branch, which means that emulating Modo's workplanes and rules will be easier to implement. So more to come.
Who is this for?
* You are coming from Modo and you just miss your action centers
* You want to have a more organized way of setting transformation centers and axis.
* You are just curious to see why people brag about action centers and you do not want to spend lot of money on Modo to find it out
- Parent action center now respects the actual rotation axis of the parent
- Pivot with Parent axis now respects the parent axis
- Selection center offset bug fixed. It was not taking world matrix into consideration
- Some other optimizations
V1.2 (Initial 2.80 support)
- This release now supports 2.80 and 2.79. This was the major refactoring since viewport got the one of most API changes
- Added a cursor action center (see the screenshot)
- Some improvements in the logic
- [New Feature] Now the user can choose to have the manipulators to be enabled always, which should make it more feel like Modo's transform tools
- This release is the proper release that deals with both version of Blender
- [New Feature] Custom pivot point. This will add a new `.PIVOT` empty and use it for reference. If it does not exits it will delete it.
- [New Feature] Pivot center with World Axis
- Fixed the add-on registry issues that was especially an issue in Blender 2.79b release which uses Python 3.5
- Fixed better handling of parent position
- Recent API update broke the addon. This is now fixed
- No more class annotations related warnings
- API fix
- Annotations fix again
- [NEW] Selection Object Axis added. This mode uses local axis in edit mode.
- [FIX] The element mode now respects the last selected component
- [FIX] Fix Custom location center