Metal Bsdf for Cycles
I present you a new Cycles' shader node for fresnel reflectance of conductive materials. The node is similar to the OSL 'Fresnel Conductive' script that comes with Blender, but compatible with GPU rendering and with extra functionalities. With a simple design, and a seamless integration with the Node Editor interface, the node is the a valuable addition to Cycles and to those who require fast and reliable metallic materials.
Create your own metals
The node has a typical interface for creating conductive materials. Define your NK values by hand for full control of your materials. For a more artistic use, the node has also the interface for setting a main Reflective color and an EdgeTint color. The UI was designed to be simple to use, with a similar look to both Glossy and Anisotropic BSDFs.
Read NK data files
Getting NK values from data files is boring and time consuming. This node has the ability to do it automatically. It can read data files from the Sopra-sa, RefractiveIndex and Filmetrics databases. Just get the file from the material you want to create, load it directly in the node and it is done.
- GPU compatible
- NK IOR values
- Artistic interface based on Reflection Color and EdgeTint Color
- Fast rendering times
- Load most common NK Databases (Sopra, RefractiveIndex, Filmetrics)
- Seamless integration with the Node Editor
- No filling the Add Menu with Nodegroups
- Clean and simple node interface
- Automatic normals correction
- Isotropic and Anisotropic reflections
- Good results even with high values of Roughness
Version 1.5 update information
- 'Add Menu' now shows correctly all other shaders
- Added 'Multiscattering' distribution