WHAT IS KOMIKAZE ?
A collection of Shaders/ Materials, Effects, Demos and general assets for all Comic and Toon needs. Made especially for Non Photo-Realistic (NPR) renders.
Works flawlessly with Blender 2.8 EEVEE, optimized for real-time rendering.
Each material comes with its own unique node, enough to easily control colors, textures and mappings, allowing fast and flexible workflow.
Update 1.1 :
Komikaze originally had 8 shaders. 8 more were added in its first free update.
I will keep on adding more, as free updates of course.
Here are some tests done on different kinds of models, using the first 8 Komikaze Shaders. They react to light, cast and receive shadows and support multiple light sources.
'Into The Spider-Verse' has been a major influence and inspiration behind these shaders.
3 simulations for Smoke, Fire and Water, each with their own shader.
Many types of text boxes, speech/ thought bubbles, and action/ sound images.
Please check their 'Shape Keys' section for more easy-to-use controls.
Some quick examples created from the text boxes :
The typefaces shown are free to use for commercial purposes and are included in the pack, with all the text boxes and examples.
A scene that demonstrates the true power of the Komikaze assets.
(Please note that the 'Santa' and 'Fireplace' models are from League of Legends, property of Riot Games. I have included them for testing, but please don't use them for commercial purposes.)
Just added another scene to the pack for test purposes. I call the artwork 'Cucco Commotion'.
Note that the models are from 'Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker' and 'Hyrule Warriors', property of Nintendo. Brick texture by Justin Messner. Please do not use them for commercial purposes.
WHAT'S INSIDE ?
- 16 TOON/ COMIC SHADERS
- 3 EFFECT SIMULATIONS + SHADERS
- 2D SHADERS FOR TEXT
- 20 TEXT BOXES
- EXTRA EXAMPLES
- DEMO FILES
WHY BUY KOMIKAZE ?
- ALL TOON SHADERS REACT TO LIGHT
- THEY CAST AND RECEIVE SHADOWS
- EASY CUSTOMIZATION
- NO UV UNWRAPPING NEEDED
- ROYALTY FREE
- REAL-TIME RENDERING
- FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE!
UPDATE 1.1 (3rd May 2019)
- 8 new shaders added
1. Molly : Trying to create a psychedelic visual with the geometry.
Edge Split > Subdivision modifier will do half the trick (see bottom right corner :)
2. Dither : A classic pixel dither technique, homage to the 8-bit era.
3. Hologram : First *moving* shader I have ever worked on, all procedural :')
4. Alpha : a go-to toon shader for see-through materials like glass or smoke.
5. Aqua : Water shader with waves and moving ripples. (FREE DOWNLOAD)
6. Blueprint :
7. Chroma : an experiment with RGB split gone right :)
8. Kismet : (FREE DOWNLOAD) A wireframe shader with more depth and control.
The stars are dupli-verted, everything else is shaders. :)
Final shaders for the first update :
Please feel free to suggest an idea for a NPR shader, I would love to make it for you! ^_^
I also managed to update some of the original shaders :
1. Notepad+ : improved with better controls, margin added, grid fixed
2. Heavy Metal : improved controls, fixed reflections, satanic suzanne
UPDATE 1.2 (6th August 2019)
- Install as an Add-on
- Improved controls
- Light Source's colors now affect the shaders
- Optimized for faster performance
- Most outputs now Color instead of Shader
(so you may use them as diffuse maps, roughness maps, alpha maps, anything! :)
With the add-on installed, the shaders will appear in the Node Editor Toolbar.
READ ME :
- 3D Shaders only run in Eevee (Blender 2.8) for now
- Make sure you are using 'VSM' under 'Shadows > Method'
- Outlines are made with the 'Solidify > Flip Normals' method (See F.A.Q.)
- Please see the 'Video Demo' on top of this page to know more
With your help and support, I hope to keep on improving the Komikaze pack.
Follow my Instagram to see more of my work =)