WHAT IS KOMIKAZE ?
A collection of Shaders/ Materials, Effects, Demos and general assets for all Comic and Toon needs. Made especially for Non-Photo-Realistic (NPR) renders.
Works flawlessly with Blender 2.8 EEVEE, optimized for real-time rendering.
Each material comes with its one unique node, enough to easily control colors, textures, and mappings, allowing fast and flexible workflow.
Here are some tests done on different kinds of models, using the first 8 Komikaze Shaders. They react to light, cast and receive shadows and support multiple light sources.
'Into The Spider-Verse' has been a major influence and inspiration behind these shaders.
A number of text boxes, speech/ thought bubbles, and action/ sound graphics.
Please check their 'Shape Keys' section for more easy-to-use controls.
Some quick examples created from the text boxes :
The typefaces shown are free to use for commercial purposes and are included in the pack, with all the text boxes and examples.
A scene that demonstrates the true power of the Komikaze assets.
(Please note that the 'Santa' and 'Fireplace' models are from League of Legends, property of Riot Games. I have included them for testing, but they shouldn't be used for any commercial purposes.)
Just added another scene to the pack for test purposes, 'Cucco Commotion'.
Note that the models are from 'Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker' and 'Hyrule Warriors', property of Nintendo. Brick texture by Justin Messner.
WHAT'S INSIDE ?
- 24 TOON/ COMIC SHADERS
- 3 EFFECT SIMULATIONS + SHADERS
- 2D SHADERS FOR TEXT
- 20 UNIQUE TEXT BOXES
- DEMO FILES
WHY BUY KOMIKAZE ?
- ALL TOON SHADERS REACT TO LIGHT
- THEY CAST AND RECEIVE SHADOWS
- EASY CUSTOMIZATION
- NO UV UNWRAPPING NEEDED
- REAL-TIME RENDERING
- FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE!
UPDATE 1.1 (3rd May 2019)
8 new shaders added
1. Molly : Trying to create a psychedelic visual with the geometry.
Edge Split > Subdivision modifier will do half the trick (see bottom right corner :)
2. Dither : A classic pixel dither technique, homage to the 8-bit era.
3. Hologram : First *moving* shader I have ever worked on, all procedural :')
4. Alpha : a go-to toon shader for see-through materials like glass or smoke.
5. Aqua : Water shader with waves and moving ripples. (FREE DOWNLOAD)
6. Blueprint :
7. Chroma : an experiment with RGB split gone right :)
8. Kismet : (FREE DOWNLOAD) A wireframe shader with more depth and control.
The stars are dupli-verted, rest is shader magic. :)
Final shaders for the first update :
I also managed to update two of the original shaders :
1. Notepad+ : improved with better controls, margin added, grid fixed
2. Heavy Metal : improved controls, fixed reflections, satanic suzanne
UPDATE 1.2 (6th August 2019)
- Install as an Add-on
- Custom Normal/ Vector inputs supported
- Improved controls
- Light Source's colors now affect the shaders
- Optimized for faster performance
- Most outputs now Color instead of Shader
(so you may use them as diffuse maps, roughness maps, alpha maps, anything! :)
UPDATE 1.3 (31st March 2020)
- Add-on updated, shaders appear in their own category
- 8 new shaders have been added:
1. Snow (Hey oh) : Now this is a cool shader (FREE DOWNLOAD)
2. Inferno : Use this for burn/ dissolve/ disintegrate effectsThe pinwheel model is from Jorge Vasquez Perez.
3. ASCII (FREE DOWNLOAD)
The boat model is from Stéphane Agullo. Special thanks to CG Matter.
4. Cosmos : Stars, Nebulas, and endless Spaaace
The Skuthulu model is from Carlos Lemos.
5. Prism : For all kinds of iridescence stuff (FREE DOWNLOAD)
6. Rocky VI : Earth, rocks, draught etc.
7. Wind Waker : Flow with the wind
The city model is from Arthur Bourdot.
8. Ember : A revised fire shader without using particle systems
READ ME :
- Toon Shaders work only with Eevee
- Make sure you are using 'VSM' under 'Shadows > Method'
^ only needed for Blender 2.80 ^
- Outlines are done with the 'Solidify > Flip Normals' method (See F.A.Q.)
- Please see the 'Video Demo' on top of this page to know more
^ Artwork by Hirokazu Yokohara <3
With your support, I hope to keep on improving the Komikaze pack.
Follow me on Instagram to see my Blender work =)
(DM me if you wish to become an affiliate)