The most complete ivy generator for Blender.
Enjoy full control over your generation,
multiple presets and our asset library.
Asset Browser Integration
Choose a species, your surface and draw !
Select any assets directly in the asset browser or in your viewport.
Select a preset, select a target, set a start point and DRAW !
Each preset has its own settings to generate the species in the most accurate way.
Our library contains over 120 assets in 30 different varieties of ivy.
Each preset has its own settings, which allows the generator to be as accurate as possible.
All our assets are compatibles with EEVEE and Cycles.
Our materials are optimised to limit the use of memory while offering quality materials.
All our assets are made from quad for clean subdivision and transparent surfaces are kept to a minimum to reduce rendering times.
Transparency can be disabled in the material editor.
Assets's materials are also compatible with BagaPie V8 "Node To Panel".
Need a loopable animation or simple wind control ?
By default our generator create animated ivy.
Note : If you use your own assets, it is better if their transforms point to +Y.
If this is not the case, an option is available in the addon.
- Customizable Generation : With few settings you can generate a large variety of ivy/vines.
- Leaves and Flowers : Easily control the behaviour of the foliage
- Based on Geometry Nodes (Parametric / Non destructive modeling)
- Effector : Delete leaves or branches by proxymity with other objects
- Use any assets from the Asset Browser or your scene.
Convert to Mesh : You can convert your generation to mesh.
- Proxy system for the whole ivy
- Generate bounds box for leaves and flowers
- Set different resolution between viewport and render
How it works ?
- First install the addon such as any blender addon and setup the assets browser.
- Then you must select an asset. It can be from the viewport or directly in your 3d view.
The generator will automatically import and setup everything.
- Select the object(s) on which your ivy will grow.
- Set a "Start Point" with the 3d cursor. This is the point at which the ivy will start to grow.
What's the diffrence between this generator and the one from BagaPie ?
This generator create animated ivy, it can be controlled with precision whether it is the way it grows or the zones of growth.
It generates a visually accurate trunk, it has a large library of assets, it has pressets (the parameters of the ivy are adjusted in relation to the preset), it has a proxy system, effector, ...
BagaPie's ivy is meant to look good from a distance, and cover large areas, that's all.
It is very aproximate, has only one leaf asset, does not generate a trunk, has limited controls, no animation, no presets, no effector, no proxy, ...
Good to know :
- This addon is for Blender 3.3 ONLY. Future versions of blender will of course be supported once released.
- Of course all futures updates are included.
- This ivy is generated using geometry nodes. This means that you can modify it as much as you want once it is created.
- Flowers are treated differently from leaves, depending in part on the distribution of the leaves.
Also note that if your asset has "flower" in its name, it will automatically be placed in the flower collection. You can of course move it afterwards.
- Ivy consists of two parts : The "Trunk" which is the main body of the ivy, it runs from the nearest "Start Point" to the furthest point.
And the "Branches" spreads from the trunk.
- To use our presets, you simply select them in the asset browser and select a surface (called Target).
Each preset has custom parameters to adapt the generation to each species.
- You can easily manage the content of all ivy collections via the addon panel.
Please use it, manual editing of collections is not recommended.
- Tooltips and links to demo videos are present in the addon. They are indicated by the info icon : ⓘ
- You can create as many Start Points as you need, and move them around.
- You can't animate the growth of the ivy, only the movement of the leaves.
Easily Customizable Material
Materials are easily editable in order to change the season and randomize the brightness, hue, saturation, ...
By default, branches uses our easy-to-use procedural shader.
If necessary you can use your own material.
Pro tips :
When you draw your ivy, your curves must be very close or intersect for the ivy to spread.
But you can create fine extensions by drawing close to the ivy without crossing the existing curves.
Documentation & Support
Contact : Discord / Blender Artist
Documentation (In progress)
If you need help, do not hesitate to contact us.
Don't forget that your feedbacks are very important to improve the addon !
Our products :
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||2 months ago|
|Blender Version||3.3, 3.4|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message