Model used in the the images here is Joy from BGShop
Making production with Blender
After 4 a 5 years playing with Blender I found there was one Major problem. Blender is capable of many things from VSE, sculpting, modeling, animation, rendering, scripting, camera tracking, wel you know the huge list. On the other side, even to make a simpel scene (cube, material, backdrop, light, compositing, rendersettings) takes waay to much time. This because there is not even a material provided, barely any presets, and settings are all over the place. You recognise this, right?
So all off my effort in the past two years, is all about making it easier to get to production. Sometimes I need to make a short clip very quickly within half an hour. Before that was not possible, but now I can manage that if need, and I am ready to produce. I am proud of the two products I worked on the past two years, and I bundled them. It’s the EV Express addon and the Material Nodes addon. As soon as I see more opportunities to speed up the workflow, I will include that in the package. I will also promote other addons that work well with the EEVEE Production Suite. KITOPS is a very good candidate and BakeWrangler for example.
Included is the EV Express addon that will manage your lights, render settings, backdrop, probes and compositing nodes. Also included is the Material Nodes addon to build your own materials that are compatible with EEVEE and includes a library of 165 procedural and semi-procedural materials.. So everything is arranged and the only thing you have to yourself is modeling or collect assets in a scene.
This EEVEE production suite will make you producing much faster because you don't have to invent the wheel over and over again.
The following products are included in the full suite:
1) EV Express - the lighting studio
EV Express is an add-on that speeds up tremendously the workflow setting up a scene in EEVEE to showcase your model. No more hassle adjust all the render settings, shadows, contact shadows, probes, etc.
And this video shows a few of the presets of the EV Express which are all highly adjustable in the EV Express addon:
Here a quality test where I load assets from Quixel Megascan in the scene. The render took just 4 seconds.
2) Material Nodes Addon and Material Library
The Material Nodes addon provides more than 40 building blocks to make your own material. You can combine these building blocks and they are multifunctional: they can be used as shader as well as masks. Therefore you can combine these building blocks to build complex materials. Also included is a library of 165 materials. You can use them also for your backdrop.
Other add-ons that work well with the EEVEE Production Suite
- Blocker and KITOPS is a perfect combination. With Blocker you can quickly block a shape and refine is quickly with KITOPS. I love it!
- For Animation, check the free addons: Dynamic Parent Addon, Text FX Addon, Commotion, AnimAll. But there are many many more.
- To add more grunge to the Materials, check: Grungit and Smudgr Pro.
- Also DecalMachine speeds up the workflow.
- Level Builder is handy to quickly build your scene with assets. It's one of my favorite addons.
Those are examples of addon that really speed up the workflow and those are the addons I keep on using.
- August 04, 2020: There was a problem with the PlasticFoil and Color_From_Movies nodes that throwed an error. The fix is in the download called MaterialNodes_V_5_1.zip. Best, is first to uninstall the Material Nodes addon, then restart Blender and install the new version.
- August 13, 2020
- Updated EV Express to 10.3.1 and is compatible now with Blender 2.9
- Added more than 50 transitions for the VSE Editor. Documentation will follow as soon as the VSE Transitions arrives on Blender Market as a separate offer.
So we can add lighting in our scene literally lighting fast, and apply materials without to much hassle with UV's. We have even speedups for the compositor node. What's next are presets for the VSE, and dimension presets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Blender Nation, Blender Market). This latter one speeds also up the worklow because you don't have to look up the dimensions all the time. And in the VSE we miss some transition effects for example.