ANIMAX is a procedural animation system for Blender that makes animating multiple instances simple. It allows you to create complex animations – which are hard to achieve using Blender's built-in animation tools – much quicker and easier.
Why ANIMAX ?
You may be asking yourself: why should I use this add-on?
The short answer is: it allows you to make highly professional animations with very little effort in a short space of time.
The workflow is straightforward. Simply choose one or multiple effects (or load a preset), then play with the parameters, and you’ll have an animation in no time – all with no math or geometry nodes required.
If you’re a motion graphics artist, ANIMAX makes a great addition to your toolbox.
- Easy to use, simple UI and straightforward workflow.
- Tools for fracturing a mesh object into pieces.
- 12 different effects to choose from.
- 34 animation presets.
- 13 fracturing presets.
- Save and load your custom presets.
- You can animate the objects inside a collection.
- You can add and animate texts procedurally.
- You can animate any geometry node tree that outputs instances, in addition, it’s possible to change the inputs from the add-on’s UI.
- Animate the materials with the help of the Attribute Node (Cycles & Eevee).
- bug fix: Error in (copy, paste), (save, load) when two effects have the same name.
The animation system is rewritten from scratch, as now the add-on is powered by geometry nodes, which opened up the door for a ton of new features:
- 12 different effects, and most importantly now there is a clear distinction between the effects and the presets.
- 34 animation presets (combination of effects).
- The ability to add multiple effects.
- The ability to synchronize the effects.
- You can save your combination of effects as a new preset.
- Animate the materials using ANIMAX, with the help of the Attribute Node (Cycles & Eevee).
- The ability to copy, paste and duplicate the effects.
- Now it’s possible to use a curve to change the interpolation.
- A new interpolation method (Ping-Pong).
- You can use the proximity to an object to drive the offset (Effectors).
- You can use a texture to drive the offset.
- It’s possible to repeat the time, for looping the animation.
- Global time control (Time remapping).
- Now it’s possible to add a text procedurally, and to change its parameters, no need to separate the characters and all the extra work.
instances outputted from any geometry node-tree, and the ability to change the
inputs from the add-on’s UI.
- bug fix: the Paste operator not working when the effect is "None".
- bug fix: Some operators cause crashes after Undo.
- bug fix: Error when baking to keyframes with the effect Copy Animation.
- bug fix: Error when selecting the objects of a collection while the collection is excluded.
bug fix: Error in some operator's poll when launching a search (f3).
- bug fix: Wrong index on the UI list when deleting all the elements, it was a harmless bug, but fixed anyway.
- New fracturing tool named “Mesh Slicing”.
- Performance improvement, approximately double the speed in most cases, the more objects in the collection the more performance gain.
- New, more robust way for adding the collections, now it’s possible to add multiple collections, and to enable and sort the collections in one go.
- Bake to the delta transform.
- Bake only the Location, the Rotation or the Scale.
- Set the start and end frame of the baking automatically.
- Copy/Paste the effects.
- The possibility to invert the random direction.
- Hide the objects of a the collection from the add-ons list.
- “Clear Keyframes”: it’s possible specify what channels you want to remove.
- Butterfly effect: The vibration not uniform.
- Custom selection order speed up.
- Small UI improvements and another round of code clean-up.
- bug fix: Incorrect icons for the random addition (Custom mode).
- bug fix: "Keep Original" in the "Split Operator" was not working as expected.
- Start frame could be a negative number.
- Exposed the "Material offset" of the Solidify modifier in the UI (Split Operator).
- Improved performance for the Follow Curve effect + the ability to change the resolution of the curve right from the add-on's panel.
- Refactoring of the Copy Animation effect, almost 50% speedup.
- Shoot effect performance improvement + new parameter "Add Noise" to randomize the movement of the objects.
- The easing list has separated words for better readability.
- The ability to run the "Cell Fracture" add-on from the split tab (if enabled).
- Optimization of the "Custom Selection" operator, at least 400% faster now.
- Code cleanup and some small optimizations.
- bug fix: Deleting the wrong Collections when using the Split operators.
- bug fix: Rotation panel not showing up in the Custom mode (Blender 2.82).
- bug fix: Local Rotation not showing up in the Copy Animation effect (Blender 2.82).
- bug fix: Object selection in drop down lists not working properly.
- bug fix: (Scene has no attribute cursor_location), do to this change in the API on March 1st 2019. ANIMAX 1.4.0 works with the versions of Blender prior to March 1st.
- Upgrade to Blender 2.80 Beta.
- Tracking the selection order is now a modal operator.
- New parameter (Seed) for the Random Direction.
- Now uses the new Collections system instead of the old Grouping system.
V 1.3.0 - Video demo
- Presets system for the Custom mode, you can save, load, and share your custom presets.
- Convert the procedural animation to a single animated object using Shape Keys. It's pretty much the same method used in the awesome add-on Animation Joiner.
- Now it's possible to animate the different properties without disabling the Interactive mode.
- bug fix: incorrect baking results when the objects are parented.
V 1.2.0 - Video demo
- Object Picker: To quickly pick an object.
- The possibility to change the location of the add-on's Panel (Tool Shelf, Properties).
- Pushing the objects away (Custom mode, Transformers effect).
- Local Rotation (Custom mode, Copy animation effect).
- The possibility to sort a single direction.
V 1.1.0 - Video demo
- 3 New Effects (Collapse, Rain, Elastic).
- 9 New easing types.
- A new parameter (Offset) for the Spiral effect.
A big THANK YOU to:
Jacques Lucke, Alessio
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||over 5 years ago|
|Blender Version||2.78, 2.79, 2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message