Ok people we got a new Procedural Material with a SciFi theme, this time it’s an Energy Shield of some sort. Cool for concepts and other things.
- For Blender 2.93 LTS.
- Includes 1 set of Textures in the form of 4K PNG Maps: Diffuse / Emission / Normal / Mask
How does it work?
The logic for it is as follows:
- It has 2 Principled Shaders for managing each of the emissions, one for the hexagon strokes and one for the inside of the hexagons. Yes, they separated so you have full control over the effect you want to achieve.
- Between the 2 shaders there’s an hexagon mask which you can also adjust.
- So in resume you’ll have control over 3 aspects, the hexagon grid, the interior of the hexagon as emissives and the stroke of the hexagon grid which is also an emissive, both with noise maps for better realism.
Now let’s review the options on the shader to see how to use it.
First Set of Options is the Emissive Stroke
- Base Color: Color for the hexagon strokes.
- Roughness: if you want it to be transparent or opaque.
- Emission Strength: The strength of the emission for the hexagon strokes.
Now we have the Internal Noise or the interior of the hexagons:
- Foreground: As explained before we got a noise map in here so you need to define colors for background and foreground.
- Background: As explained before we got a noise map in here so you need to define colors for background and foreground.
- Emission: The color of the emission being emitted.
- Scale: Scale for the noise mask that mixes both colors.
- Distortion: In case you want to make more cloudy stuff.
- Roughness: Use it super low for transparency.
- Transmission: If you actually want it to be transparent. (Default is 1.0)
Finally, the Hexagonal Tiling aspect.
- Tiling Scale: Here you set the scale of the tileset.
- Stroke Weight: Basically the weight of the stroke for the hexagons.
1) PLEASE DO NOT RESELL THIS MATERIAL
2) THESE ASSETS CAN BE USED FOR NON-COMMERCIAL AND COMMERCIAL PROJECTS
Check out our social networks through @lobodeguerramx and @khroz don’t forget to tag us when you use it for something awesome, we’ll be anxiously waiting. Also if you like this and want to support my work please check our Patreon we have awesome Tiers already set up with awesome benefits and goodies.
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||8 months ago|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message