Generate PBR textures from any image in Blender
Super Texture is a one-click addon for generating multiple PBR maps from a single image.
- No 3rd party software!
- No generated image files!
- Dynamic properties!
- Instant outputs!
One Image, Many Results
Super Texture will automatically provide the following texture maps for 1 image:
- Parallax (optional)
Entirely built from material nodes, this addon provides maximum flexibility and speed with native Blender support. No fragile dependencies or file I/O. All results are instantly generated, formatted correctly and ready for PBR materials.
One Click Deployment
Super Texture encapsulates any image texture intelligently allowing for simple one click operation. No importing or fragile color ramps. One click add. Once click remove. Simple, easy, fast.
Flexible parameters with instant results. No waiting for exporting and re-importing. Tweak settings individually for each image. Animatable properties.
Super Texture is immediately ready for baking, simply connect the desired maps to a Principled BSDF shader, assign the target image and click bake! No extra setup required.
- Texture / height blur
- Height map generation
- Parallax maps (optimized)
- Procedural textures supported
- Custom node groups supported
- Anti-tile supported
- Sobel based normal map generation
- Bump map generation
- 2.80 / 2.79 Addon support
Bring your textures to life!
- Super Texture addon
- Demo Blender file
- User Manual
- Free lifetime updates
- Good karma for supporting the Blender Foundation :)
Version 1.7 Dynamic Parallax maps + Improvements:
- Height map upgrade (smoother + better range)
- Dynamically Generated Parallax Maps (optimized)
- Cleaning of unused node groups
- Texture coordinates now more accessible
- Better Addon download packaging
- Super Texture Tab in menu
- Documentation update
- Various other performance improvements and bug fixes
Version 1.6 Normal map Upgrade:
- Sobel Operator Kernel used for Image Normal map generation
- Normal Map Downsampling and Supersampling
- Fixed bug that would cause Blender to crash with undo (unlinked data)
- Speed optimizations
- More image controls
- Rewritten manual
- Automatic linking of Roughness and Normal maps if Base Color connected
- Automatic image / procedural detection and optimized normal generation
- Optimized packaging (via Node2Code)
- New contrast field added to make low contrast images easier to work with.
- Improvements to unused node-group removal
- Minor bug fixes
- User manual + demo updates
- Better addon organization
- Inconsistent normal map fix
Version 1.4 (Massive Update):
- Duplication bug fix: Previously caused by using same Super Texture node group on another material and removing it from one, un-linking data from the other. Now Super Texture checks if node groups are being used on other materials before removing them.
- Full Procedural Texture Support
- Custom Node Group Support
- Anti-Tile Support
- Better descriptions and code clean up
- Road map completed!
- Better height-map generation with irregularities
- Corrected workflow (Specular now listed as non-PBR)
- Corrected user manual and demo file (thanks to Quang)
- Removed Normal strength (obsolete)
- Eevee / 2.8 Version Released!
(This image is showing raw normal output)
- Much better normal map generation, height-map blurring now separated from texture blurring allowing for significantly better detail.
- New Height Blur field
- Updated user manual
- Displacement output added
- Minor fixes and name changes
- Super Texture now takes in texture coordinates as a parameter when applying to an image.
- Multiple image deployment is now implemented. Simply select any number of images and apply Super Texture with 1 click!