Attention! This material pack requires Blender version 2.78 or higher. Won't work on 2.77a and lower.
This material pack contains 11 steel materials (texture-based) for Cycles render. Note that all of them also can be found in Real Materials Mega Pack (1$ per material).
- Steel generic
- Steel generic pristine
- Steel generic brushed
- Steel generic rough
- Steel generic blued
- Steel generic rusty
- Steel generic dirty
- Steel old
- Steel old rusty
- Steel technical used
- Steel technical brushed
Main details and features:
- These materials are mostly based on 4K textures (UVs on meshes are required!).
- Friendly & rich interface for tweaking, no need for touching nodes. All materials have standard set of adjustable effects: polished edges, dark caverns, overheat, micro-scratches, grunge, dust, paint.
- One-click switch between hi-res and low-res textures, same for UV density check.
- Author's PBR implementation.
Current version is 2.85 (changelog is on the "Documentation" tab), for additional information please visit this page.
- Improved appearance of material "Steel generic rough" when parameter "Suppress repetitiveness" is set to "1".
- Reduced desaturation of reflections at high (fresnel) angles to better match PBR model. This is not so actual for steel materials though if you recolor them to copper of brass it will be useful.
- Slightly improved default look of half of the materials (now rims will be more shiny).
- Added micro-hack to section names to avoid "Main settings.001" numeration on import. Unfortunately this hack is too simple to fully avoid this problem.
- Added two new materials "Steel generic brushed" and "Steel technical brushed".
- Improved PBR model (now non-metals part of the materials - if any - have better fresnel reflections).
- Material "Steel generic rough" reworked a bit. Backup old version if you really like it - new one is looking somewhat different.
- Material "Steel generic rusty" now more rusty.
- Grunge and micro-scratches now cover paint layer.
- Parameters "Metal brightness & color" and "Metal roughness" reworked again - same values may lead to different results now.
- Added new parameter "Suppress repetitiveness" (inside "Main settings" section) doing exactly that. Useful only for large surfaces (2x2m and up).
- Added a lot of additional options to tweak - hope you like them :).
- General optimizations for node tree - that "Material" view mode hang up is still here but it will unhang ~2x faster.
- Price increased from 25$ to 30$ due final state of this material pack.
Known issues: #1: Blender v2.78b have problems rendering pointiness map and all material effects that use that feature (edges, caverns) will have artifacts. Solution - use latest "Daily build" version of Blender or previous versions 2.78 or 2.78a.
Known issues #2: when 3D viewport switched to "Material" mode Blender hangs for minute or two, after that meshes with that material will look pure black. This issue reported as bug but unfortunately can't be fixed because "Material" viewport rendering mode by design ignores all optimizations inside node tree and trying to render ALL nodes (and dies on complex material like this one); maybe in Blender v2.8 it will be fixed.
- Initial release
Known issues: when 3D viewport switched to "Material" mode Blender hangs for minute or two, after that meshes with that material will look pure black. This issue reported as bug but unfortunately can't be fixed because "Material" viewport rendering mode by design ignores all optimizations inside node tree and trying to render ALL nodes (and dies on complex material like this one); maybe in Blender v2.8 it will be fixed.
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!