N Panel Manager addon
TLDR: We all know the N Panel Tab clutter in Blender. The N Panel Manager solves this problem by providing tools to manage add-ons in Workspace filtering. So instead of long days fine tuning Blender, you can do it now in 2 or 3 hours. (151 add-ons). Although we tested this add-on is still in Beta. Therefore, we ask you to report any issue so we can make the add-on stable for a wide range of scenarios. We tested with Blender 3.1, 3,3, Windows, Linux, and 151 add-ons (build-in included).
Why the N Panel Manager
How long does it take you to set up Blender when there is a new version or when the startup file is corrupt? For example, I have in total 151 addons (including some build in ones) that I want to enable in Blender, And setting up Blender as I want to have it usually takes more than four days.
Why does it take that long? The N Panel (sidebar) gets unreadable when you enable 20+ add-ons. We know that there is a solution, and that is to use Workspaces. But this workflow, without the NPanel Manager, has all kinds of quirks:
- It's hard to find an add-on in the Workspace Filter. First, you have to read a lot of text.
- Only the enabled add-ons are listed in the Workspace Filter.
- You cannot filter, sort, and use an advanced search.
- Sometimes you don't have any idea what the add-on is about.
- Often you forget where to find the add-on, and you need to look it up in the preferences.
(There is another solution that works with renaming the tabs. But the N Panel Manager works very differently, as we see later.)
The Benefits of N Panel Manager
- It saves you precious time settings up Blender with all the add-ons.
- The N Panel Manager creates a workable environment every time you use Blender.
- Use the add-ons again you invested in. You probably don't use many of them because the add-ons are not organized in Blender.
- Export setups as presets. For example, you can have a light version and another preset where most add-ons are enabled. Import them back in.
The UI shows the features
|The User Interface of the N Panel Manager Add-on appears in the Properties Panel > Scene Tab.
- There might be a quirk when you update an addon, and only then when the addon doesn't register or unregister properly. Sometimes when you uninstall an addon you get a register/unregister error. When that happens, and you can't enable/disable the addon in the N Panel Manager: go to the Blender's own workspace filter, scroll down to the unknown addons and uncheck the addon that showed an error.
Update 31 May 2022: There is now an initialize button in the preferences. This will enable the N Panel Manager addon in every workspace and load all current data of addons and workspaces in the N Panel Manager's list. See the screenshot below. You can find the update in the downloads and it's the file: n_panel_manager_V1-2.zip. Important: Uninstall the old version, save preferences, restart Blender and install the new version (This is the best way to update addons generally). Please mind that this update is tested in 3 different Blender versions. It would be great if you could provide us feedback so we can adjust the addon to a wide range of scenarios.
The history of the N Panel Manger
I got nearly a nervous breakdown when there was a new Blender version. At such moments, I am less productive for a week, finetuning all the settings. So I decided not to struggle anymore and designed the N Panel Manager.
Halfway through the addon development, I had to ask Blenderboi to do the more complex coding, and he helped me above expectations.
And there we have the N Panel Manager that allows us to set up Blender with 150 addons in just 2 or 3 hours (150+ addons including build in) instead of 4 days.
Depends on requests.
How to contact us
- You see on the right of this page (if you are logged in): "Ask a Question." After a click, you will see a short form, and I will get a notification. Usually, I will reply within 9 hours unless I am on holiday.
- You can also join our Discord Server. There you can ask questions, see all updates, and you can submit your art.
|Published||3 months ago|
|Software Version||3.0, 3.1, 3.2|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message