How to install the inserts:
- Download the .zip file called: NMS_Inserts.zip.
- Unpack the .zip file and you see four folders: NMS_01, NMS_02, NMS_Cutters, NMS_Modifiers.
- Copy (or Move) these folders in a folder where KIT OPS is installed named: Master.
- On Windows you will find this folder likely here;
- Appdata is a hidden folder which you can turn on in the File Explorer in the menu under tab View > hidden items. Restart Blender and navigate to the KIT OPS addon.
- Under KPACKS in KIT OPS in Blender you will see the inserts.
- Make a simple base mesh (could be a cube or a little bit flatter),
- Add a bevel-modifier. Start with width: 0.015, Segments 4 or 5, Limit Method; Angle, Angle: 30 degrees.
- Shade Smooth (Z) and in Object Data tab in the Properties panel : Autosmooth
- If you have a build with the Normal Weight Modifier, that does some magic sometimes.
- Right after using an insert (not yet applied), move the Boolean modifier before the bevel modifier. (Bevel modifier is always last).
- All you have to do now is: place insert > move modifier > place insert > move modifier etc.
In this video I show this workaround: Screencast KIT OPS - Blender
If you have questions, let me know.
And request for new inserts are welcome.