LATEST UPDATE 05.08.2022
Flared 1.9.1 for Blender 3.2 and higher has been released. It has a minor gug fix.Please check the changelog below for details
– Flared is a simple add-on for Blender 2.83 (or higher). New versions work better with Blender 3.2 (for Cycles direct render).
– It is completely real-time, as it adds to your scene the 3D elements that compose the flare.
– It’s based on 3D elements and procedural textures, so it’s resolution-independent.
– It’s very easy to use: select a camera, select a light source (or more sources), add a flare, play with its sliders and save your presets (to recall them in other projects).
– It’s not screen space-based, so it works also when the source is out of the screen space.
– It has 9 templates with different characteristics. We add new templates as soon as we can.
– For each template, you have different sliders. You can adjust the dimension and the emission values of the different elements that compose the flare, and the number of elements too.
– Each flare needs to have at least a camera and a light source (the light source could be an object or a light).
– You can create as many flares as you want, there’s no limit (it depends only on your hardware).
– You can use keyframes on each slider, to animate your light.
– To simulate the occlusion behind objects, you’ll have to add keyframes manually to the “Occlusion” value slider, which controls gradually the visibility of the flares. There’s no automation in this video tutorial.
- There are known strange behaviors when combining Flared with DOF (this could cause the flares to get blurred) and with motion blur (the moving flares get blurred too). Instead, using Flared with volumetrics has no known issues.
– We’ll listen to our customers' requests, seek for bugs, and try to improve the add-on, updating it every time we will do a fix.
– We provide assistance only on the stable version of Blender. Please, don't use Flared for important works on alpha, beta, nightly, or other branches than the official one.
This video shows how to installa Flared for the first time and use all its features..
HOW TO USE FLARED ON VIDEO FOOTAGE
Flared can add lens flares VFX on your real video (not only on 3D scenes and animations). Here is a video tutorial that shows how to do it.
HOW TO USE IT IN CYCLES
Flared 1.8 and the native Cycles render is finally here! Tacke a look at this video that shows this new feature.
...about the use of the Presets, light Flickering effect, making the Flare disappear behind objects, hiding the Flares from the viewport, the characteristics of every single Template, advanced Flare editing to achieve different results, could be found in this Youtube Playlist.
05.08.2022 - added Flared 1.9.1
Minor bug fix/New Feature:
– Sometimes it can happen that you work at the same project on different systems and OS. In this cases Flared could loose the path of the textures used for the lens dirt, giving a purpleish result. Now you can fix it with a function that you can find at the end of the "Extra Menu". The function is "Relink Textures".
02.06.2022 – added Flared 1.9 – VIDEO
– All the shaders have been edited to be fully compatible with Blender 3.2 and the next versions. We’ve made this effort because in Blender 3.2 Eevee has been re-written, and old versions of Flared would have been not compatible with the new Eevee. This upgrade seems to be a good step to the Eevee Next direction, which will replace Eevee in the future (maybe Blender 3.3 or higher versions).
Important note: all the flares created with the previous versions of Flared will not work in Eevee in Blender 3.2 and higher. If you need to port an old scene in Blender 3.2 you’ll have to store the presets of your flare, delete the old flare, generate a new flare with Flared 1.9 and assign the stored preset to it. This should work.
– We have signed this version as Beta because Blender 3.2 has not been released yet. So maybe we will encounter unexpected behaviors in the next weeks. Please, give us feedback if you find bugs. :-)
17.05.2022 - added Flared 1.8.56
Minor bugs fix:
– Fixed an issue that could happen when Flared was installed on a different path (like Dropbox).
– Fixed an issue in Octagonal Flare that could give erorrs when using Blneder 2.83.x.
02.05.2022 - added Flared 1.8.55
Minor bug fix:
– Fixed an issue that could happen on macOS in Mavericks when installing the add-on. It happened that the installation failed because of python errors. Now it is ok.
24.04.2022 - added Flared 1.8.54 - VIDEO
– We’ve added the “Advanced Render Options” tab that can help in managing situations in which the Cycles render generates artifacts. Watch this video to undesrtand how to use it.
– The Cycles Legacy Mode has been disabled because it was a deprecated system
26.03.2022 - added Flared 1.8.2
– Please, note that flares made in previous versions will not be compatible with this version. They should be deleted and added again in Flared 1.8.2. In this way, their shaders will be updated with the new Cycles branch.
– The shaders adapted for Cycles had got drivers that gave cyclical dependencies errors in the console. Now they have been fixed.
– The "Rounded" template could give some overlapping issues in Cycles render. Now it's fixed.
– In the"Rounded" template there was a ghost that didn't react to the global color slider. Fixed.
– In the "Simple" template the dirt was purple instead of grey. Fixed.
– We have fixed the intensity of the emission of the glow in the "Horizons" template when rendered in Cycles (it was too high).
– In the"Horizons" template there was a ghost that didn't react to the global color slider. Fixed.
– In the"Hooper" template the dirt was purple (only when rendered in Cycles). Fixed.
12.03.2022 - added Flared 1.8 beta with direct Cycles render (VIDEO)
– We have defined it as Beta, because we are testing it. Please, note that flares made in previous versions will not be compatible with 1.8. They should be deleted and added again in Flared 1.8. In this way their shaders will be updated with the new Cycles branch.
– Now you can view in the viewport and render flares in Cycles too, as for Eevee. There are no workarounds, because now the shaders are fully compatible with Cycles.
– The old function "Move flares on a new Eevee scene" has been removed. If you want to activate it again you should go in the Preferences/Add-on and thick "Cycles Legacy Mode". But it will be probably removed in the future versions of Flared.
– Added a new slider to control the Seed of the ghosts generator (to avoid ovelapping planes).
– Sometimes you can have fireflies, generated by interpenetrating planes. Generally they can be removed with the denoise options of Cycles. But we're working on this, trying to reduce the possibility of overlapping planes.
24.12.2021 - Flared 1.7.41
Flared 1.7.41 is now the stable release. It works finw with Blender 3.0 too.
16.12.2021 - added Flared 1.7.41 beta for all Blender versions
– We have defined it as Beta, because we are testing it. NOTE: to avoid compatibility issues with flares generated with previous versions, it's advisable to delete and generate old flares again.
– Fixed an issue related to GPU rendering and OptiX in Cycles: the flares were visible as white planes, now they are ok.
– Fixed another issue with Blender 3.0: each time the user created a flare, a new camera was created too: not it is ok. Please, let us know about your experience with this new version.
11.12.2021 - added Flared 1.7.4 beta for all Blender versions
– We have unified the 2 branches into 1, that is a better solution. This should work with both 2.8x - 2.9x and 3.x versions of Blender. We are testing it yet. But we have decided to publish it in the store because people asked for it. So, use it at your own risk.
27.11.2021 - added Flared 1.7.31 beta for Blender 3x
– We have now 2 different branches (because there are differences of code between Blender 2.9.x and Blender 3.x). For this reason, you will find Flared 1.7.2x that should be used with Blender 2.9.x and Flared 1.7.3x that should be used with Blender 3.x). The branch 1.7.3x is in beta because Blender 3.x isn't been released yet.
01.11.2021 - Flared 1.7.21
– Fixed a compatibility issue: Flared 1.7 was not able to delete flares made with older versions. Now it can. Please, remember that the new Distance Control is available only on flares generated from Flared 1.7 and higher
27.10.2021 - Flared 1.7.1
Flared 1.7.1 is now stable. Please, note that there are some incompatibilities with flares made in previous versions of Flared (for example the Distance Control can't be used with old flares)
11.10.2021 - Flared 1.7.1 beta
- Fixed a bug related to flares made with old versions. When deleting them, it gave an error. Now it is fixed: you can delete flares made with old versions of Flared
09.10.2021 - Flared 1.7 beta
- Added a brand new "distance control" to set up how the far flares will be smaller than nearer ones
27.09.2021 - Flared 1.6.83
- now you can activate and deactivate each flare directly in the panel of Flared, using the "eye" icons. It works for render too. Thanks to our user "Nopi" for this suggestion
- into the Octagonal flare there was a single ghost that didn't react to the Ghost Scale slider. Now it's fixed
- when moving the flares on a new scenes in Eevee (while working in Cycles), Flared didn't copy the dimensions of the original scene to the new one in Eevee. Now it does
- with the 1.6.81 we introduced a new bug for mistake: when working in Cycles and moving the flare to the new scene in Eevee, the Cycles render failed because there were all the elements of the flare in the scene with a white shader. Now it's fixed and everything should work fine, like in the previous versions
Minor Bugs Fix:
- Solved some compatibility issue detected with Blender 2.93.x
- Solved other minor stability bugs that could cause crashes
12.02.2021 - Flared 1.6.79
Minor Bugs Fix:
- Solved a problem related to the deletion of corrupted flares (it could fail)
- Solved a minor bug that happened when the user changed manually the path of the pictures included in the addon
30.10.2020 - Flared 1.6.7 is now the official release
14.10.2020 - Flared 1.6.7 beta
- now you can set up your flares quickly into your Cycles scene, using a new function that will automatically create a linked scene that will be rendered and composited at the same time, while rendering the Cycles scene
- the Cycles support works with multicam too
- now you can select the flare directly in the viewport (clicking its source object) and the correct flare will automatically be selected in the Flared panel so that will be easy to modify the desired flare
17.08.2020 - Flared 1.6.5
- added multicam support. You can easily choose which flare will follow the active cam and which won’t
- added an option to move a flare on a New View Layer
- added a little thumbnail near the flare to help to recognize it
- now you can edit the flare initials
- changed the icon to select a flare (instead of the checkbox)
- changed the tooltips on mouseover to make all the functions more understandable
- the active flare is now automatically selected into the outliner and the viewport
03.07.2020 - Flared 1.6.1
Minor Bugs Fix:
- Octagonal Flared had an issue when used with active DOF on camera. And the ghosts didn't work with the Obstacle Occlusion slider.
- We also changed the code because Flared ran into trouble if the script were sourced from an alternate location.
Choose a product version:
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||about 2 years ago|
|Software Version||2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message