In EEVEE the bumpmaps show up pixelated and therefore we better use normal maps. Normal maps process faster as well. This packages provides 260 normal maps and 260 masks. The masks can be used to define anything from roughness to albedo. We can also mix normal maps with it.
There are 4 kind of shaders provided: Level 1, 2, 3 and Advanced and 40 example shaders. You can use your own shaders or use the addon BATS as well.
The shaders are designed in a Neutral Environment and calibration is done with False Color and a greycard. A scene with the neutral environment and the greycard is also provided. (See links to video in documentation.)
So what is in the package:
- 260 Normal maps. (2K Jpg)
- 260 Masks (2K Jpg)
- 40 Shaders as example
- 4 shader types. (L1, L2, L3, Adv).
- Neutral Environment, a scene in EEVEE.
- Extra Blendfile to mix normal maps
- Extra Blendfile to bake normal maps from geometrie
- Thumbnails of the shaders.
- Pixaflux project files (some of the normal maps are designed with pixaflux).
Above is packed in a .zip file of 356Mb. Once Unzipped it will be 707Mb. Unzip it in a location you prefer but don't change the internal map structure because the blendfiles use relative path to the textures and masks.
- The normal maps and masks can also be used with BATS which is an excellent addon to make materials.
- Simple Asset Manager is useful to easily import materials into Blender 2.80
- There are several addons to bake materials. See for an extensive list of addons for Blender 2.80 this thread.
- With PixaFlux you can design Normal maps and masks yourself. There are some PixaFlux project files included. (For the noise patterns only).
That is the boring part. You cannot sell or distribute directly this package as is. But if you have a nice scene and had quite some effort, it's ok to me if you use some of the materials. Or be free to bake the textures otherwise if you use them extensively. The point is I don't want anyone else to sell this package without some effort. (Just buying and reselling). If you have questions, contact me.
Update: I turned down the price from 14 to 12.50. Not really happy with it because on Blendermarket sellers pay quite a high commission but I want that others can use it rather than a product that is just somewhere in the dust.
How do I install the package?
Unzip the file EEVEE_Shaders.zip in a location you prefer. Don't change the internal folder structure. Open Blender 2.80 and navigate to the unzipped EEVEE-shaders folder. In the folders Shaders_L1, Shaders_L2, Shaders_L3 and ShadersAdv you will find the Blendfiles containing scene with the material in the neutral environment and albedo grey card. You can also append the materials in Blender if you only want to import the materials.
The blendfile NormalMakerBaker is to bake normal from the bottom plane to the top plane. Documentation will follow later.
With the blendfile NormalMixer you can blend or mix the normal textures if you need more normal maps.
Some tutorials related to this product and where this product is used:
- Bump Maps VS Normal Maps in Blender 2.80 EEVEE
- Designing materials in EEVEE - Biggest mistake demystified
- Saving memory by using more textures per material
- How to use the advanced shader (adv) of this package.
You cannot sell or distribute the original materials, original textures directly but you can bake them on the meshes you designed. Or you can remix or redesign the textures and shaders and sell them. You get the point I suppose. As long as I don't see these original files sold elsewhere. Contact me if you have questions.
Purchase this item to leave a review!