Rapid PBR Material Creator is an addon that simplifies the creation of PBR materials to a SINGLE click! Great to use with Substance Painter.
Works with Blender 2.8 only
Ultra Fast Material Creation Tool:
Never waste your time dragging multiple textures from the directories to Blender one by one again.
Forget about tweaking and joining tones of nodes to create one material.
Just choose a directory with textures you want to create a new material with, set material's name, click "Create Material" button and you are done.
Update Material Tool:
Did you edit textures externally in Photoshop for example?
Or baked new version of textures in Substance Painter or other software?
You can reload them all with just ONE click!
Without this addon you need to reload each texture individually that is absolutely frustrating and extremely time-consuming process.
How To Use It:
- Choose a path to the directory from which the textures for the new material will be loaded
- Set a name for the new material
- Choose between replacing selected materials or keeping them and adding the new one
- Click "Create Material" button
- Change suffixes to custom
- Choose normal map format
- Setup transparency handling
- Setup packed textures loading
Additionally, if your textures have been modified externally, click "Update Materials" button to update them in Blender
It cannot be guaranteed that this addon will be stable in 100% until the official release of Blender 2.8 since current rendering system (in LookDev mode and Rendered mode) causes crashes occasionally.
But in my case it works without any problems :)
- 1.0.3 - Release version
- 1.1.0 - Added displacement textures support, Added better normal map inversion technique, Rebuilt node creating function
- 1.2.0 - Added Specular/Glossiness PBR workflow, Fixes for MacOS, Added texture coordinates node, Other small fixes
- 1.2.1 - Minor fixes, Debug info
- 1.2.2 - MacOS path fix
- 1.2.3 - Adapted to the new Blender API
- 2.0.0 - Packed textures and transparency support
- 2.0.1 - Grouped normal map inverter
- 2.0.2 - Minor fixes
- 2.1.0 - Changed displacement node name to bump and added true displacement texture support