A 2.80 version is under development.
MESHmachine is a blender mesh modeling addon with a focus on hard surface work without subdivision surfaces.
MESHmachine's chamfer and fillet toolset allows for more flexibility, when dealing with fillet-like surfaces, traditionally created with the Bevel and Bridge tools.
MESHmachine's approach to fillets is the Fuse tool, which builds transitional surfaces from chamfers, fusing the surfaces on both sides.
Doing this, you get the benefits of both - chamfers and fillets - while avoiding their disadvantages.
Watch the trailer for an overview of all the tools in 0.6.
Or check out the written overview in the documentation.
- turn chamfers into fillets/bevels and back
- change the width of a chamfer or bevel
- create variable fillets and washouts
- unbevel and unchamfer to go back to a hard edge
- practically edit existing existing bevels
- resolve tricky geometry overlaps in cases where two bevels meet
- flatten polygons based on another polygon or flatten a polygon based on 3 vertices
- flatten along a normal or flatten along edges
- redirect chamfer flow by turning the corners
- convert triangular bevel corners into quad corners
- plug details into your mesh
- build your own plugs and create/buy/sell plug libraries
- cleanup booleans and create clean perimeter loops around their intersections
- stash backups and objects referenced by other tools, without cluttering the scene
- create and manipulate custom normals
- mirror and symmetrize custom normals
Blender 2.80 will require an update and is not supported yet.
Use 2.79b, the latest stable release. Use experimental builds at your own risk.
- in object or edit mode press the x key to open the MESHmachine menu
- Watch the documentation playlist on youtube or watch the same videos through the documentation
Purchase this item to leave a review!